Meet the Owner (About Me): L.C. Bogard, III
- 2008 – Present, I observed Club Soccer; realized that I so loved the game; listened to all parties talking about the shortcomings of the Club organizations and decided to develop the plan for fixing the infrastructure and that was to be my gift to Armada. I want to work in Soccer 24/7. I went to Armada and told Chris the President of my efforts in passing during a long conversation while parking cars. He never asked that I come see him. I even thanked him for the fact that when I had my Heart Attack and was given just 30 days to live, AFC, then JFC allowed my 10 year old daughter, then later my much younger son to join a Rec team on scholarship and I mean, they gave us everything and to top it all off, Coach Joe Swinamer would have us over sometimes two and three times a week to feed us. I will never forget that and they helped us and for years.
- In 2006, I identified the pending Real Estate Market crash when everyone was saying that everything was ok; called and spoke with Mr. Watson and then at his direction, his VP of Operations, Andre Boutte. I then met twice with Watson Realty Corp and provided them with recommendations. They told me that I had balls the “Size of Texas” and thanked me for my information, but that they did not want to use my Agent Internet Concept. I told them that if they failed to implement such an initiative now, that in near future they will be forced to sell of their buildings and hire new agents as the market was about to crash. They marched on and the market crashed and they had to do everything that I told them that they would have to do. My wife was one of their Top Listing Agents in Arlington. In fact, she was the Top Agent because she used my marketing plan. After that meeting we immediately left Watson. It was painful for them. I still have the email that I sent them and I was 100% on point. Plus, I have the photo of them advertising for agents while simultaneously selling their buildings. They smile and shake my hands when they see me.
- In 1998, I identified a new and unique business model. Developed the plan and designed the business from the ground up. Launched the business and grew the concept to become the top service in the country with earning of over $250k annually while running a home based business in 2003-2005. This was unheard of at that time. In 1998, I was the only entrepreneur to implement the “Resumes To Go®” Business Model as no one else believed that it would work. The top Resume Service owner at that time told me that my ideal would never work and that she did not need me because she owned the top business. She was quite nasty – so I told her mark my words one day I will run you out of business. Five years later she was begging me to work with her and not against her. She asked if we could just get alone as her clients were leaving her in droves. My services alone is a powerful valued added tools as I could prepare resumes for parent for free and/or as part of the Club Value and just so you know I have prepared resumes for NBA/NFL Coaches and Sports Group clients and relatives of NFL hall of fame Players and Chefs and others who have flown on Air Force One.
- I successfully ran Resumes To Go ® for 20 years and am still the owner today. I researched and learned all aspects of Intellectual Property and Trademark Protection and was able to file for and receive the highly coveted ® Registered Designation with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). To put it this way, KFC still today does not own it Mark as their signs still show ™ which is the Trademark Symbol.
- Set up the U.S. Army Preventive Medical Theater Plan for most parts of Saudi Arabia and Iraq during Operation Desert Shield which was implemented and sustained during Operation Desert Storm. Received a Nomination for a “Bronze Star” during Combat Operations for superior performance supporting combat operations against a hostile enemy and saw the dead bodies on the ground while in direct support of ground forces fighting in Northern Iraq.
- Received an Army Commendation Medal for the development and implementation of far forward ideals that allowed a service oriented Military agency that provided health services to earn funds well over $450k during the budget crises of 1995
- I have multiple business concepts that will supercharge relations with club parents and make the club that I support the premier club in the country and not just North Florida
- President/CEO Real Estate Agent Test Drive LLC, which is a full services Real Estate Brokerage that has been in business since 2005
- Founder, Gatekeepers for Christ which is a ministry and not a church
- Developed and maintains the concepts for many inventions and products
The Soccer up America State of The Union Address
We as a family simply got tired of all the “Perceived Unfairness (Discrimination and I am not talking about racism), Obstacles to success and Roadblocks to access and participation” within the U.S. Soccer System. I have personally listened to parents and coaches talk about a failing soccer system and all the travel, injuries, time and money being spent and for what? They openly speak about the fact that their children are still as lacking in their technical skills today as when they started playing soccer 6-8 and as long as over 10 years ago. That is a disgrace because every child can learn all the International skills by the age of 8 and this lack of training focus is the real reason why U.S. Soccer will continue to implode. I realized that we (the system) all have forgotten about the kids and families. So, I decided to fix or for the lack of a better word improve and hopefully change the game that I absolutely adore. I decided to work to take the game to its true glory; full potential and place it on the right track needed for global dominance. I started the company this year (2018); after successfully helping my daughter obtain a D-1 soccer scholarship by MYSELF while her club was off thinking about winning Club Championships so they can increase their size and earn more revenues while competing against and taking over all the other clubs. All, I kept thinking was that they can’t see the forest for the trees with all that jockeying and in-fighting along with what seems to be like endless discussions, meetings, conferences and seminars. They keep talking and all I can hear is NOISE. They could not filter through all of their own noise to deliver a long term National cost effective solution with new player pathways and access to soccer for all children and families.
In fact, I seemed and/or appeared to me that no one even cared what I thought because I was a parent and I was an outsider who never played the game. They knew everything and I knew nothing, but they did not know me nor my background and success at building systems and identifying solutions that resolved issues and challenges which began as an Cadet Officer in R.O.T.C. and ended with my service as a U.S. Army Major at age 31. They never even cared to ask.
In fact, I knew a Coach that even today after years of my observing the game, whenever I start to speak after years of listening to him speak and Coach, all he still does, is say, “Let me stop you right there”. “You talk way too much”! And I never get to say anything! So then he would speak and I would try to tell him to let me talk to no avail! All, I can now figure is that the reason that I am now talking at all is that I stopped listening to and speaking with him. So now I have a huge amount of data, information opinions and vision to download. When did Americans develop such a prideful elitist attitude and perspective that is absolutely killing the game and has resulted in a climate of the “Haves and the Have Nots” and the “Relevant and Non Relevant,” people and “Yes” I said people. Both Race and Class Based Socio-economic Perceived Unfairness is rampant within the culture and poor populations with financial concerns including obstacles to learning and participation the game are now starting to resonate at the national level to the point that our men’s team cannot connect with lower class or general population and that is a recipe for disaster.
So now after working for myself for over 20 years, I set out to help my own children and once realized that I could do that by myself and with my children in REC (the lowest level of soccer); at a significantly reduced cost or on scholarship and zero travel, I was done with travel tryouts and advanced soccer. I was through trying to “Fit” in as I was round peg and the system was a square hole. I was through trying to ask for permission and for help while offering my system for free. I made calls for over a year and waited for the phone to ring – which it never did.
Today my children attend ALL Club and High School Try-outs to see just where they stand in their progression against other kids and for feedback from the Adult Coaching professionals. They tossed their egos and are now focused on the bigger picture – training for YEARS to someday make the U.S. Team at age 26-28 and before that even possibly play Professional Soccer and/or earn a college scholarship. Besides playing High School soccer and REC, Pick-up games at the local park is just as or even more rewarding for them as kids/developing soccer players as there are no adult coaches screaming out instructions to them from the sidelines and no referees on the field either – just like soccer is played in the Barrios of Brazil. In fact, we the parents walk the track and look at them while they play against players of all ages, but without fear of censorship or even injury. They play because of their own passion for the game and when Sundays and Thursdays roll around, they ask if they can go back out to the park so that they can play again and even when injured.
They never accept offers to play advanced club soccer, because they now also “Get it”. They are not fooling themselves as they can see with their own eyes that they are not ready to be called the best the game has to offer. The U.S. system is good at developing the solid player, but is flawed and limited in it’s ability to develop the best player in the game as only the player can go even further when fueled with burning desire and passion for the “Beautiful Game”. Let me give this example, in all other sports every who follows sporst know who are the up and coming payers because the players all sort that out in the Hood during daily pick-up and/or sandlot game. I have never heard of such a thing in soccer. ECNL is lost in the landscape of the socio-economically challenged community. Most people with talented and athletic kids have never even heard of it. That’s how big soccer has grown to be in the U.S. as it is less than a blip on the radar screen!
But all is not lost. Soccer is still growing and being introduced to all of our children, due to increasing financial revenue streams from television and the web along with the imploding marketing nightmares faced over recent years by other sports and especially the NFL.
Because of the Internet and the vast landscape which is known as “Social Media”, players no longer need systemic chaos or permission from anyone to do what they are now passionate about doing and now they are happy; full of joy and are at peace within themselves. That’s why we created this company. We created it for you and more importantly your children! They have seen the International game; know that they are not yet ready and are now looking to us to deliver the focus necessary for developing such talents and skills.
For them, the curtain/veil has been opened and the U.S. Soccer system (Wizard of Oz) is not a threat to them any longer. They don’t need systemic validation, because our “Standardization” of the game now gives them a clear and viable roadmap to success at all levels. They simply want to be better and to show what they then could in comparison to others in the game and can do on the field against the best that any system whether it be Club or High School has to offer and later on down the line, of course they plan to play advanced soccer, but with truly advanced players and only when they have earned the true right to do so.