NCAA Eligibility Resource Center:
The NCAA Eligibility Center is the Agency or Governing Body that Certifies the Student Athlete Eligibility to Play Sports at the D-1/D-2 levels. NCAA Division classifications (D Levels) are based upon student body size; program scope and # of Scholarships. The Levels are as follows: D-1A; D-1AA; D-2; D-3. The NCAA has established rules for Eligibility, recruiting and financial aid that must be followed so that the student can maintain their eligibility to play D1/D2 Collegiate sports. So make sure you never accept any money to play any sport if you are planning to play in College.
- Register online at the NCAA Eligibility Center and manager your account until you are prepared to pay and certify
- We suggest that you open an account as soon as you realize that you want to play collegiate sports
- At least, register and complete your Amateur Declaration Questionnaire at the beginning of their junior year in high school, but many students register after their junior year.
- There is no registration deadline, but students must be cleared by the Eligibility Center before they receive athletic scholarships or compete at a Division I or II institution.
Academic Requirements: Achieve and Complete
- Complete a certain number of high school core courses which is updated by the NCAA Eligibility Center on an Annual Basis.
- Maintain a minimum grade point average in your core courses. Students who fail to qualify to play NCAA sports do so because of their inability to maintain or achieve appropriate grades in their selected/completed core courses and even their lack of selecting appropriate course work than for low standardized test scores.
- Achieve a minimum score on the SAT or ACT.
- Graduate from high school.
Collect and Send ACT/SAT Scores and Official Transcripts
- Collect and gather all information as required on the NCAA Eligibility website
- Send your SAT and/or ACT test scores directly to the NCAA Eligibility Center (NCAA 9999) via the SAT/ACT Processing Centers. Make sure that you put the NCAA Eligibility Center on your Send to Requests when signing up for Standardized Testing as you usually are allowed up to three (3) free sends per testing agency.
- Send Official Transcripts after at least six semesters of high school. Official in this case means that the transcript must be mailed directly from your high school. Also send your Final High School Transcripts andproof of graduation at the end of your senior year.
- When ready, send in or manage your information online to the center until it is all available as required then, process your application as soon as possible
Make a Payment or Request a Waiver
- Pay the $90.00 registration fee, but students can also receive a waiver if the met certain financial aid standards, which means they can also receive ACT/SAT Waivers.
- Obtain and process a Waiver if eligible for Free Lunch or other school programs offered for the socio-economically disadvantaged.
- Waivers are verified and provided by selected local High School Administrators; Coaches and Counselors.
- When completing this task ask your Coach; School Counselor or Designated School Representative for assistance
Certify and Pay
- Communicate with your Coach at all times and throughout the entire process for Instructions
- When ready, make sure you request Final Certification
- Pay for your registration or use your voucher to process your information if you have not already done so.
Additional Eligibility Center Resources/Links:
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- Full Information for Student-athletes wishing to play at collegiate level: Click Here
- NCAA Guide for College-Bound Student-Athletes: Click Here
- NCAA Eligibility Center Home Page: Click Here
- The Value of College Sports: Click Here
National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
Kansas City, MO
- NAIA Eligibility Center: Click Here | Checklist For Registering
- The NAIA Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete: Click Here
- Brief Descriptions of the NAIA and the NAIA Eligibility Center: Click Here
- Play NAIA Videos: Introduction | Eligibility | Recruiting
- NAIA Eligibility Center Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A short video that will walk students through the NAIA Eligibility Center Registration Process: Click Here
National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)
Colorado Springs, CO
NJCAA Eligibility Center: Click Here
Direct Links To Centers
NCAA ELIGIBILITY METRICS
Our Promise To You! Our NCAA Eligibility Center Team will personally track and assist the Potential Student Athlete (PSA) with management of Critical NCAA Eligibility Compliance Standards and Tasks (160 Points) that are needed in order to attain Eligibility success. We will also make sure that you are updated and armed with the knowledge and/or tools to needed to meet or have met the following Critical Eligibility Compliance Standards and Tasks. We will be there to assist and help you every step of the way through-out your Collegiate Application and Recruiting Process in order to remove stress from your lives and place your High School Years on “Cruise Control!”